Exporting from R Markdown
When you knit a R Markdown document, the default format is html. But you can also generate pdf or word format documents.
In this lesson, we are going to walk through how to use knit to different formats and share documents via RPubs.
By the end of this lesson, you should be able to:
- 3.1 Knit your R Markdown document to produce a html, pdf, or word document
- 3.2 Share your report by publishing it to RPubs
How to knit to different formats and publish to RPubs
In this screencast, we’ll cover:
- How to knit to html, pdf, and word
- How to share your report via RPubs
Watch the video and then carry out the following steps:
- Use the knit pulldown to knit your document to pdf (you might need to install the tinytex package) and word
- Create a RPubs account and share your document there.
We invite Sydney-based R-Ladies to share their exports on Slack - find us on the ryouwithme_4_markymark channel.
Next up, lets talk about templates…